Teacher Trainer - Ten Month Vacancy - Mawlamyine
Mawlamyine Mon state Myanmar
Mobile Education Partnerships Teacher Trainer Ten Month Vacancy Mawlamyine
POSITION TITLE: Teacher Trainer
ORGANISATION: Mobile Education Partnerships – Mae Sot, Thailand
REPORTS TO: Senior Trainer
Teacher Training - The Teacher Trainer is responsible, in cooperation with the senior trainer, for developing and implementing a ten-month teacher training programme with 60 teachers from Monastic schools in Mawlamyine. The Teacher Trainer is tasked with planning and running a five-day pre-service/in-service training session with teachers, and following this, supporting teachers in classrooms. The level of in-class support provided is to be determined by the trainer on a teacher-by-teacher basis by considering their individual strengths and weaknesses. The Teacher Trainer is responsible for the planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of the training, with the senior trainer acting to support them.
- Work with the senior trainer in planning a training programme in general teaching skills for 60 new teachers.
- Lead a five-day pre-service training session in May.
- Lead a five-day in-service training session in October.
- Work with teachers in classrooms to check understanding and give individual support.
- Continuously assess teachers – both formally and informally – to ensure training stays relevant and beneficial.
- Collect appropriate data from training and observations to ensure the continuity of quality training.
- Use collected data to feed into an end-of-project report to secure funding and partnership in coming years.
- Perform other duties as may be requested.
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL:
- Previous teaching experience is essential.
- Previous teacher training experience is desired.
- Understanding of teaching techniques, classroom management and student-centred learning.
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Fluency in Burmese is essential.
- Proficiency in one or more ethnic-Myanmar languages is beneficial.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office and email is highly beneficial.
- Ability to drive a motorcycle is essential.
- REQUIREMENTS – PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- High degree of personal initiative and creativity.
- Friendly and approachable attitude.
- Ability to give constructive criticism and advice to new teachers.
- Capable of working independently and within a team, forming strong working relationships with other MEP staff and teachers.
- Capable of leading a small training team.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to plan work and complete tasks effectively.
- Willingness and ability to travel in and around schools.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Please send a copy of your current CV and your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remuneration: 350,000MMK/month
- Deadline for application: 30th April